CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Go back to:

Saturday 11 September 2010

Chapter 4 - Space Protection Agency

We were amazed by how bright the lights were coming from that interlocking door. As our eyes grew accustomed of the lights, we gasped in amazement. A huge circular balcony welcomes our entrance. High-tech gadgets, state of the art computers, huge monitors and white uniformed workers sitting in what looks like a star trek work station filled the balcony from one end to the other. We made our way around the balcony and almost everyone present in the room stared at Roy. Most of them then continue to stare at our shoes that were full of slime from the sewer water.


A young lady got up from her chair and approaches us. A middle aged man with greasy hair and squared frame glasses then followed up behind her. She then came into a halt in front of Roy and gave him an unsatisfied stare.


“Ah, Roy, glad that u can make it. Through the back door again, I see. Same old Roy, same old Roy,” said the man with a soothing voice.

“Oh look, you’ve made a mess on the carpet. Didn’t I tell you not to enter through the backdoor?” the young lady bit her lips after finishing that sentence. Roy rolled his eyes.


“Roy, I see you’ve done it again. The boss is going to kill you if he finds out the mess you’ve made.” The man chuckles.

“That is.. ‘if’ he finds out.” Roy gave him a wink which disgust the young lady.

“What’s the matter Rose? Do you want a wink too?”

“No! And don’t you ever called me Rose again! I’m your superior!”

“Oh yes you are. But you know…” Roy paused as he shortened their distance. He then continue whispering into her ears.

“… I always like woman to be on top.” He chuckles and continued walking, leaving the distressed Rose behind.


Roy lead us down the big spiral stairs in the center of the circular balcony. The first time I looked down the side of the stairs, I was startled by its depth. As we walked down to the seemingly endless spiraling stairs, we passed layers and layers of circular balcony, each represent the different department of the agency, as we were told. The others were astonished by the structure of the agency, the cleverness of architecture and the functional arrangement of each department.


“We build downwards to compensate the amount of time we spend high up in the skies” Roy sneered.

Everyone seems to laugh at Roy’s not-so-funny joke, or probably it was funny. I guess my mind just can’t get off thinking about that lady who vividly resembles a certain flower. Rose. I am not fond of girls, I knew that, but somehow her appearance, so beautiful, so elegant, yet so dangerous, seems to give a faint ring in my head. As if I’ve met her before, but where?


“Who was that?” I asked Roy.

“Oh, Rose? She’s just someone insignificant to the agency, don’t mind her” he answered.

“By insignificant, he means my daughter”


A voice bellowed. It echoed up the spiral staircase. I cannot determine where the voice was coming from. I looked at the others helplessly seeking an answer, but it seems they also do not have a clue the origin of the voice.


Roy slowly turned around and faced us. He looked around and was shocked when he saw me. His jaw trembled and his face looked pale now, as if all his blood drains down to his feet. As if I was a ghost! Why would he react to me like that? As I try to find the answer to my question, I caught his eyes in a stare but from his eyes I could see that he wasn’t really looking straight at me, but a couple of distance higher above my head. He gulped and finally managed to squeak out a voice.


“It’s the boss!”


-To Be Continued-

0 comments: