CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Go back to:

Sunday 9 November 2008

Chapter 1 - Leaving

I stood silently next to my bed. It was the same bed I use for the past five years. My bags are laid open on top of it, folded clothes and trousers stacked neatly inside it. I took a last glance at my collection of the Space Protection Agency posters before I peel it off of my dormitory wall. In a few hours, I’ll be leaving this boarding house. I look around the room, great memories came into my mind as I fell dead silence.

Five years seems so far away on my first day entering this building, and yet it seems like it was yesterday that I had my first class as a protector in training. From a class of hundreds, now what’s left is only the five of us. Most of my classmates were either died in their space battles assessments or simply drop out of the academy for their fear of death. Now, after five years of fighting for life and struggling to survive in various space battles, I am finally leaving this place.

“Have you done packing your bags, 1212?” a voice finally broke the silence of my dorm.
I realize that my reminiscing thoughts have diverted my attention from packing.
“Not yet 2954, how about you?”
“Well, mine is already at the lobby. The boys are already waiting for us at the main entrance,” she said looking rather confuse over my messy room.
“Need help?”
“Absolutely!” I half-shouted.
“Well then, let me get 2402 to help us.” She said, vanishing into the hallway and came back with 2402.

We never use our real names in the academy. This is to conceal our identity as it is really crucial that we are not to be known by the enemy. Every protector in training are given a numerical name, which helps the trainers to identify any missing persons immediately, especially after every space battles assessments.

After the three of us finished packing my bags, I said goodbye to my dormitory room and all three of us headed for the lobby downstairs, where our bags will be send to the Space Protection Agency. As we rush to the main entrance, we found two well-uniform men standing anxiously in the waiting room. Without much deliberation, both of them joined in as we run through the academy’s main entrance.

“Well, come on. Run faster ladies! You’re slow,”
“In case you haven’t notice Mr.Alumni, we are wearing high heels.”
“Well, in case you haven’t notice Ms.Alumna, we have a graduation ceremony to attend and we’re late!”
-To Be Continued-

0 comments: